Information     Downloads     Game Account      Forum Account       Reviews

Thanks to: Gravity | eAthena Project Vote for Silver Coins: Site 1 | Site 2 | Site 3 | Site 4 | Site 5 | Site 6 | Site 7 | Site 8
  Topic: New Installer issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mutt

Post  Post subject: New Installer issues Reply with quote

I just downloaded the small installer when i saw that my original reign couldn't patch. I tried installing the small installer but it gave me an error saying files were corrupted. I deleted all Reign Files and restarted my computer. I downloaded the full installer and tried installed again, the same thing happened, it said some files were corrupted.

The error that showed up is: CRC failed in data.grf

Anyone know what to do?

Aloe Vera - Creator
Isoc - Professor
Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:56 pm
Venser

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

luzz wrote:
This is a common problem for some players. There are many reasons why this error may appear:

1. You may need to run the Reign Online Setup program to configure your video options. You should have this icon on your Desktop.

2. Your video card may not support DirectX 8 or later.

3. Your video drivers are not properly installed. Please go to your video card manufacturer's website to download the latest video card driver for your video card. Common manufacturer's website are linked:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

4. DirectX may not be up-to-date or it is corrupted. Download the latest version here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

5. If all else fails, re-download the Full Installer and reinstall, just in case the installation was corrupted.

Hope this helps.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:48 am
Mutt

Nope still not properly installing, same issue comes up. I have the latest DirectX, My video cards drivers are also all up to date. I cannot set up any settings for Reign because it doesnt install properly, so the icons that show up on my desktop don't lead to anything.

I downloaded the newer installer that luzz put up, and still same problem.
Any help?

Aloe Vera - Creator
Isoc - Professor
Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:27 pm
luzz
Site Admin

Hello,

Make sure you are not using any download managers (usually, download manager sucks - they 'split' downloads into chunks then recreate the file, oftentimes breaking the file)

You can also try an alternate browser.

I have just re-tested both installers and they are fine.

Let me know if you need more assistance.
Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:32 am
Mutt

File successfully installed, but, when I open either the client or the patcher nothing shows up. When I open up task manager I can see the patcher is running or when I open the client I see that it is running; but I do not see the actual game show up on my desktop. I've never had a problem before with updating or installing.

Please help, Thank you.

Aloe Vera - Creator
Isoc - Professor
Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:32 am
arimak

if you absolutely must use a download accelerator, use no more than 3-4 parts. I actually downloaded the client off all 3 servers using one, and used the md5 has on the page to ensure it was correct... that is, when luzz had one on the page.

CLICK THE POOP!
Cycore : Minstrel | A Non E Moose : Lord Knight
Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mutt

I don't use a download manager, I've successfully installed everything. The only problem now is seeing it. The patcher and the client both are running because I see them in Task Manager, but I do not see it on screen, even when I Alt+Tab. I've never had this problem before or any issue. I downloaded another server just to see if it would work or not and it does. I can play a different server but I cannot with Reign.

Aloe Vera - Creator
Isoc - Professor
Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:00 am
luzz
Site Admin

Mutt wrote:
I don't use a download manager, I've successfully installed everything. The only problem now is seeing it. The patcher and the client both are running because I see them in Task Manager, but I do not see it on screen, even when I Alt+Tab. I've never had this problem before or any issue. I downloaded another server just to see if it would work or not and it does. I can play a different server but I cannot with Reign.

The installers actually haven't changed all that much - it's just two files that have changed within the installer (adata.grf and server.dat). Patching simply updates these two files.

Have you tried the Small Installer?

Do you want me to send you the two changes files manually so that you can just dump them into your ReignOnline folder?
Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:22 pm
Mutt

Its no longer the issue of me being unable to install the files, everything is properly installed, no issues what so ever. My current problem is being able to see the game. I open the game and it runs, but I do not see it on my screen, I only see it in the Task Manager. Nothing shows up on my screen, that is my current problem.

Aloe Vera - Creator
Isoc - Professor
Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:16 pm
luzz
Site Admin

Try right-clicking and selecting 'Run As Administrator.'

You could also uninstall, and install into a new folder (C:\Reignonline1, for example) to see if that helps.

Also, download MalwareBytes free to make sure you don't have any malware on your computer.

If you cannot run the patcher, run the game client (reignclient.exe) directly.

Let me know how it goes.
Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:17 pm
Mutt

The Client works. but the patcher is the only thing that I cannot get to show up. I can play the game though. Thank you for your help Smile

Aloe Vera - Creator
Isoc - Professor
Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:38 pm
luzz
Site Admin

Mutt wrote:
The Client works. but the patcher is the only thing that I cannot get to show up. I can play the game though. Thank you for your help Smile

You're welcome.

As strange as it sounds, the patcher is somehow tied to Adobe Flash.
Try uninstalling your Flash Player(s) and installing the latest from Adobe.com.
Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:45 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reign Online Forum Index -> Public Helpdesk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: