Information     Downloads     Game Account      Forum Account       Reviews

Thanks to: Gravity | eAthena Project Vote for Silver Coins: Site 1 | Site 2 | Site 3 | Site 4 | Site 5 | Site 6 | Site 7 | Site 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reign Online Forum Index -> Suggestion Box
  Topic: WOE Suggestion take 2.... Re-Vote
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vote and give reason
YES
56%
 56%  [ 22 ]
NO
38%
 38%  [ 15 ]
Yes but better times
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

Author Message
Bubbaknoxz



Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Posts: 450

Post  Post subject: WOE Suggestion take 2.... Re-Vote Reply with quote

This stems off a old thread, a member suggested we do a vote on it again so here it is.


This is what that thread contained.....

"I discussed this with Luzz today and he suggested I post it on here to gather your thoughts on a new WOE setup. As we saw today, WOE hit an all time low with the amount of players actively WOEing. I know I was bored as well as many of you guys.

Now onto the suggestion. 2 realms will be open, Prontera and Yuno most likely, making it 10 castles open. Now Prontera will be one day and Yuno will be another day. The reason for Yuno is because its a WOE:SE castle and for Prontera its the main town of the server. General idea is having WOE SE on Wednesday 5pm-7pm server time(old time) and Saturday being Prontera at its normal time. Castle limit per guild is going to stay at 4, to encourage competition.

I know some of you are thinking, "then how would we be able to get essences?" Well that's simple implementing a new GOD item quest.

The new GOD item quest can be for example, a person has to get different items and bring it to a npc in some map to get the god items made up. Perfect place for that would be Sky Garden being added to the warper, gives that heavenly feeling.

The list would look similar to this...

10 poring cards
10 vahalla flowers
10 bloody edges
2 Pencil Cases (OPB drop)
20 biotite
20 muscovite
20 phlog
5 Turquiose
5 Agate
100 soft feathers
50 magic books
450 jellopy
50 counter agents
50 mixtures
50 emperiums
15 Gold Bars
10 Treasure Chest
25 Emperiums
25 Ice Scales
25 Fire Scales
5 Old Hilts
50 Mystic Horns
50 Yellow Bijou
50 Green Bijou
5x Castle drop (Must be the same essences currently required i.e For Meg, treads, bear, bird, moustache, root. Just one of each)


For Sleps just add Billow essence to it for the 5. For Aesprika and Bryn, the old style can stay since its already easy enough to make.


Now the castles will drop tokens, which a player will go to a casino of some sort and gamble it. You can either get a random essence or 5 Bloody Branches with the use of 1 token.

This will solve the castle issues and the god item issues, if this idea is to pass vote.

For the last question concerning Guild dungeon, since the realms will be most likely Prontera and Yuno only open on seperate days. You will have to fight for your access to Prontera's guild dungeon.

Also for castle drops, one suggestion of making bb's a drop will fit in perfectly with making WOE more active and rewarding for all guilds regardless of size. However it will be something like 5% chance for those to drop. "


The Token system which I will need to elaborate on is simple. The castle instead of dropping essences will drop Tokens (bronze coins or whatever the Admins decide to use). Now these tokens will be used at a npc which will randomly generate a prize, much like a casino as noted above. The "casino" will give either a essence, or 5 bloody branches.




Times will be the following...

Prontera....... 7pm-9pm Wednesday Server time
Yuno....... 12pm-2pm Saturday Server time

Now the reason I changed the time that was mentioned in the above post was to make it more diverse for players. It is subject to change.


Link back to the previous thread which passed in votes.

http://www.reignonline.net/viewtopic.php?t=1170
_________________


Retired 3-19-11
Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
yoh



Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 390
Location: US

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like a good idea but what about alde gef rach and the other SE. just take them out? yes it would make it more compeditive but then the smaller/weaker guilds will have a hard time to get a castle unless they have help/contct with a larger/stronger guild because the larger/stronger guilds will get and clear out the compitition from the castle quickly and keep it well defended and the smaller/weaker guilds wont be able to get a castle (again unless they have help from a larger/stronger guild) still it is a pretty good idea just need few adjstments to fit both the large/strong and small/weak guilds
Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Author Message
Teh Xanthias



Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 114
Location: USA

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I must vote "no".

What you are suggesting may look flashy and helpful on the surface, but getting RID of a castle is, in effect, deletion of content.

By reducing the number of open arenas to just Prontera and Yuno, you have effectively denied access to the guild dungeons of Geffen, Al De Baran, and Payon. All three of which arguably house useful monster spawns and minibosses.

I think that this suggestion moves the WoE feature much too far from the legitimacy of server content that Reign intends to mimic.

A change of War of Emperium times and which castles are open during those times (assuming all castles are open at least once per week) is an acceptable change, as it still allows players access to game content.

Removing the focus of Essences from the Guild War system will cause me to stop playing War of Emperium. It is not just about fighting just for the sake of fighting. I want rare shit. Sorry to disappoint. Smile
_________________
Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Author Message
sx7r



Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 186
Location: Texas

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be lazy and just quote what I wrote the last time this came up.

sx7r wrote:

My 2 cents.

The current WoE format centers around gathering enough essences to make god items. As a result, every castle in every realm needs to be open at some point during the week in order for players to have access to all essences. With this being the case, there will always be a disproportionate number of open castles to players during WoE. With 2 realms open and 3 WoE days, that is 10 open castles during WoE to spread an already thin, albeit growing, server population. Revert back to 2 WoE days with 30 available castles, the ratio is three times worse.

I think one of the complaints against the current trial of 3 WoE days, 2 realms, 10 castles, is that bigger guilds have an advantage in being able to take and hold more castles, and thus being able to collect more essences. While this issue in itself does not necessarily bother me, it does make for one unexciting WoE.

The suggestion raised in this thread takes the focus on essences away from WoE and instead replaces it with more action. By implementing a seperate god item quest, the issue of larger guilds holding more castles and preventing others from making god items is nullified. With essences out of the equation, there does not need to be 30 castles open on a server that does not currently have the population to support it. By reducing the number of castles open during WoE, the ratio will move in a direction to allow WoE to be more exciting.

I agree with and support the suggestion to seperate god items from WoE and reduce the number of open castles drastically. Furthermore, I would specify 2 WoE days, 1 realm open each day. Prontera on one day and a WoE: SE realm on the seconday. Castle limitation per guild - 1 in each realm for a total of 2.

To recap:
- Argument of guilds holding too many castles and controlling essences, nullified
- Allows for a more individual focus on creating god items. Now obtainable by everyone with proper effort, regardless of whether or not you are in a small guild or large guild.
- Promotes a more exciting WoE with focus on teamwork, as there are a limited amount of castles open each WoE. You are now fighting for access to the Prontera guild dungeon and for lack of a better word, glory.


In regards to content:
Teh Xanthias wrote:

What you are suggesting may look flashy and helpful on the surface, but getting RID of a castle is, in effect, deletion of content.

By reducing the number of open arenas to just Prontera and Yuno, you have effectively denied access to the guild dungeons of Geffen, Al De Baran, and Payon. All three of which arguably house useful monster spawns and minibosses.

To avoid neglecting any content, I'd suggest rotating which realms are open for WoE. The rotation can be weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
_________________

ign: Pally, Watanuki, waterpump, HalfMoon
Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:01 am
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Author Message
NightShade



Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 481

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted 'Yes' - Reasons being:

WoE would be more consistant with Players both attacking and defending, instead of a group of people sitting in a castle praying to keep it until the end of woe.

Essences wouldn't be a factor anymore considering each castle has a token that can be used to make the god item you want. Which goes back to my first reason, People that woe for Essences can still do that, but they'll need to work for it this time around.

Also, a more competitive WoE could infact bring in more players to the server. Everyone has a shot at making god items, not only the "Strongest" guild.

/post
_________________



SOS OG - Retired 3/16/10
Chars:
X t C / Vamp / NightShade / Dark Pulse / Absolute / Whiskey / Nightz / I'm done listing =.=
Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:42 am
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
SIeeq



Joined: 24 Dec 2008
Posts: 174

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote YES..agree with NightShade

NightShade wrote:
WoE would be more consistant with Players both attacking and defending, instead of a group of people sitting in a castle praying to keep it until the end of woe.

Essences wouldn't be a factor anymore considering each castle has a token that can be used to make the god item you want. Which goes back to my first reason, People that woe for Essences can still do that, but they'll need to work for it this time around.

Also, a more competitive WoE could infact bring in more players to the server. Everyone has a shot at making god items, not only the "Strongest" guild.

/post
Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:27 am
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Glenfiddich



Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 1735
Location: Australia, Brisbane

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand by my original thoughts.

Glenfiddich wrote:
I still like the idea of one realm open per woe. There's your fun and challenge. If your too weak to get an essence then the solution is simple, get stronger, like the rest of the players had to.

My reasoning on one realm is that is simpler and you automatically have access to all castles at once. The easier it is to access the more people you will see as everyone is in that area


I dont play woe because it is boring as it stands. Have castles drop random essences as well. Problem solved and theres your fun woe.
_________________
Characters-

Glenfiddich; 255- Professor
Jager Bomb; 255- Creator
Rammstein; 255- Creator
Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:27 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Author Message
Xzerostu



Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 386
Location: Texas FTW :D

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i think this idea is epicly good. However...

Ide say we make prontera be saturday always. at the same time always. we adjust the time to be reasonably not too early or too late for all world players.


then the other woe could alternate between yuno, gef, rachel, and payon. same week each month in that order

With all castles dropping random essences. only pronterra castles dropping specific essences(for whatever castle in pron you get has a specific essence)

Then Kreim could actually give you the option of what essence you want. That way you have the middle castle you have the best castle.
_________________
Agnilam-BoC Stalker

NBH for life

Break it down with scorpion
Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:44 am
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Author Message
marine



Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 1389
Location: here

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenfiddich wrote:
I stand by my original thoughts.

Glenfiddich wrote:
I still like the idea of one realm open per woe. There's your fun and challenge. If your too weak to get an essence then the solution is simple, get stronger, like the rest of the players had to.

My reasoning on one realm is that is simpler and you automatically have access to all castles at once. The easier it is to access the more people you will see as everyone is in that area


I dont play woe because it is boring as it stands. Have castles drop random essences as well. Problem solved and theres your fun woe.



i think alike , but i dint put much though neither. ill vote yes
_________________
Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Bubbaknoxz



Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Posts: 450

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way you can do it is basically make it 1 castle per woe map. Fixes the dungeons and still makes it much more better than what it currently is.

For example

Prontera will only have Kriemhild open, all the rest of Pronteras castles will be closed.

Same with the other realms. Woe 2 days a week, 6 realms 3 open each woe.
_________________


Retired 3-19-11
Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Teh Xanthias



Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 114
Location: USA

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbaknoxz wrote:
Another way you can do it is basically make it 1 castle per woe map. Fixes the dungeons and still makes it much more better than what it currently is.

For example

Prontera will only have Kriemhild open, all the rest of Pronteras castles will be closed.

Same with the other realms. Woe 2 days a week, 6 realms 3 open each woe.


I disagree! Only one guild in each guild dungeon? Those areas are PvP for a reason, and that, is in fact, half the fun for me!

I vote negative on the above suggestion too. Very Happy
_________________
Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:10 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Author Message
marine



Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 1389
Location: here

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Xanthias wrote:
Bubbaknoxz wrote:
Another way you can do it is basically make it 1 castle per woe map. Fixes the dungeons and still makes it much more better than what it currently is.

For example

Prontera will only have Kriemhild open, all the rest of Pronteras castles will be closed.

Same with the other realms. Woe 2 days a week, 6 realms 3 open each woe.


I disagree! Only one guild in each guild dungeon? Those areas are PvP for a reason, and that, is in fact, half the fun for me!

I vote negative on the above suggestion too. Very Happy




i somewhat dont get what's your point at "thoses areas are pvp" where angra manyu and ahura mazda fks up pretty much the concept of pvp.
if you gona vote negatively please dont give half thinked points.
i mean if u enjoy pvping with angra + ahura i dont see where the pvp is at, plus in a guild dungeon pple tends to use teleport as soon they see anyone in range, including you .
I have gone to guild dun in prontera more than once with the idea to kill mayas and pple who were there, not carrying ahura nor angra and i got disapointed at how everybody tht was in it used both GOD items and teleports on sight aniways..


i still stick sharing the idea of glennfish.
_________________
Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:13 am
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Glenfiddich



Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 1735
Location: Australia, Brisbane

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbaknoxz wrote:
Another way you can do it is basically make it 1 castle per woe map. Fixes the dungeons and still makes it much more better than what it currently is.



I prefer having all castles open in one area. If there is only one location to go, maybe people wont be lazy and actually rock up.
_________________
Characters-

Glenfiddich; 255- Professor
Jager Bomb; 255- Creator
Rammstein; 255- Creator
Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:54 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Author Message
Bubbaknoxz



Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Posts: 450

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe polls will be closing soon, please get your votes in. Thank you
_________________


Retired 3-19-11
Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:22 am
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
jogradz1225



Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 308
Location: Knowing is half the Battle...

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, because randomizing most stuff brings the fun to it, not just expecting something you need or want and getting it, there's no fun in that, rather, you'd be better off getting something for sure, but you just dont know which one ^_^ its like getting an old blue box or old purple box, you know you have it but you wont know what you'll really get. ^_^ love that RANDOM ^_^
_________________

http://dragcave.net/user/jogradz1225
Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:49 am
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reign Online Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum