Information     Downloads     Game Account      Forum Account       Reviews

Thanks to: Gravity | eAthena Project Vote for Silver Coins: Site 1 | Site 2 | Site 3 | Site 4 | Site 5 | Site 6 | Site 7 | Site 8
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Reign Online Forum Index -> Suggestion Box
  Topic: MVP ROOM Discussion/Vote.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

New Style MVP room
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 40 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 80

Author Message
tehdarke



Joined: 25 Jun 2010
Posts: 593

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Makoto Uragi wrote:
kennethdominic wrote:
I like the existing MVP room, it's good enough. Want other MVP, hunt them. That's what make them rare.


Nothing is rare in the world of Bloody Branches


i disagree. people sometimes break 1k and get nothing worth. its totally chance. plus thats makin money for the server XD! maybe i see if it was posted but i think it was all you had to pay was Z to use.
_________________


Super Beaner (Ex. BoC sniper/NBH)
Copy Cat (Nub)
Reneab (BoC Star Glad/NBH~)
Captain Bean (DoA)
Gerg De Bean (Degeneration X)
Alovein (Degeneration X)
Sir Beansalot (Degeneration X Leader)

NBH Fo-Life Motha FAKU~
Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:56 am
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
lucidts



Joined: 13 Jun 2009
Posts: 9

Post  Post subject: katsu's opinion (as if anyone cares ;P) Reply with quote

i think this isnt such a great idea as stated but it gave me an idea, imagine if all the mvps wer availible, now i think gtb would need nerf to make this work, but lets say the only thing limiting ur ability to hunt mvp cards is how much they cost to spawn, and make some of them VERY expensive, ur talking about limiting the number of mvps when u can still buy bbs and anyone ive known that invested a decent amount into bbs got alot of rares.

lets say u want to get a kiel, first off, to get 1 kiel u need 500 kills on average, thats 2 cards per 1k but u cant farm in mvp room so u need go out into the world, hunt gear, upgrade it, vend it, sell it, sell ur cards, itl make more people vend stuff again and itl make it worth it to hunt and upgrade gears to make $ to buy mvps to get cards and u dont hafto watch a clock all day to keep tabs on whatever mvp cards u want, u can still do it like that or u can earn money to earn mvp cards and at the same time strengthening the market place.

theres already alot of ppl with too many rares because this is a small server with bbs and 2x drop rate, this will give everyone, even ppl without irl money to buy branches, a chance to get things that they want as long as they are productive players.

the reason im saying all of this is because there are alot of ppl with too many rare cards, its just too easy for someone to farm up bbs, and who wants to stay at a server where every other person has 3+ rare mvp cards, alot of ppl have RETARDED amounts of mvp cards and of corse those ppl will reject this idea because they want to keep being ahead of everyone els, this server has really turned into a troll fest because ppl with rare cards get together, make a guild, and troll the shit out of the game, so i ask you, if you went to a server THIS SMALL with guilds having 2-4 creators with 2 kiels + sprint set to spam everyone to death would u really wana stay?

other things still needs more balancing, we need to max attack speed at 195 and nerf gtb because lk are too strong with this attack speed, bowling bash is ridiculous and in a server with 195 attack speed u cant just spam the hell out of it,

lk has become the end all power house character unless u have a creator and even then they are a very close 2nd to creators, while mages are really not used as much, every caster, or should i say ex caster says they stopped because of gtb, and its very frustrating because i am a caster and im tired of being trolled by ppl with gtb and maya in pvp room.

maya needs a reduction in reflect, and its not balanced compared to melee reflect, when a caster hits a maya equiped LK with spells, my avrage build is about 70k hp for my ninja with decent vita, like 150-160 ish (its been a while) and ur fighting a lk with lk hp and over 50% reflect, even the 30% from maya alone is enouf for the lk to take ur hits and just kill u automaticaly.

i havent met a person yet that does not agree with me, lets say ur a mage and ur spaming area spells and hit 2 ppl with a maya each and other reflect items, u are one dead mage, melee fighters dont need to worry about aoe reflecting and being killed because they can generaly only target one thing at a time, so i say make maya about 10-15% reflect, then make gtb something like 40% resist magic, you could easily get your magic damage down to almost nothing with that and a few other cards and items but u wouldnt be COMPLETELY IMMUNE, and the other player can use cards like fbh / high wiz and not be completely screwed vs gtb.

well its late and i am tired, i typed alot more than i originally planned to but i think my point came across, i want to see this server become a place where u can work hard at grinding and get the cards and items you want in direct proportion to how much you work on it, i think that is more than fair, and i dont really care about more ppl having a few more rares because when you go to woe u fight so many already, like 10%+ of the community has ALOT of rares, it shouldn't be so that ppl without irl money, and no time to camp mvps have almost no chance to get anything in a server where so many have so much.

to quote makoto uragi "Nothing is rare in the world of Bloody Branches" so stop trying to perserve balance when there is no balance to speak of, just rich and poor is all i see.
Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:49 am
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
GRANDPA DREADNAUGHT



Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 641

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya speak the truth laddy boy, and I lost my leg climbing up the topsails.

And yes this server is full of nothing but trolls, ask me sometime. I can tell you quite a few tales. To quote what Edgar said to me eons ago (maybe last yearish) "Ya know, if I had a phonebooks worth of MVP cards too I'd actually put em to good use."
_________________
EdgarGrimfang wrote:

Because that good sir, would make sense, and thus defuse the entire argument.

EdgarGrimfang wrote:
Remember kids, Cigarettes are alot like hamsters. Utterly harmless to have until placed into your mouth, and lit on fire.
Don't smoke hamsters kids.
Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:57 am
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
lucidts



Joined: 13 Jun 2009
Posts: 9

Post  Post subject: Re: katsu's opinion (as if anyone cares ;P) Reply with quote

lucidts wrote:
i think this isnt such a great idea as stated but it gave me an idea, imagine if all the mvps wer availible, now i think gtb would need nerf to make this work, but lets say the only thing limiting ur ability to hunt mvp cards is how much they cost to spawn, and make some of them VERY expensive, ur talking about limiting the number of mvps when u can still buy bbs and anyone ive known that invested a decent amount into bbs got alot of rares.

lets say u want to get a kiel, first off, to get 1 kiel u need 500 kills on average, thats 2 cards per 1k but u cant farm in mvp room so u need go out into the world, hunt gear, upgrade it, vend it, sell it, sell ur cards, itl make more people vend stuff again and itl make it worth it to hunt and upgrade gears to make $ to buy mvps to get cards and u dont hafto watch a clock all day to keep tabs on whatever mvp cards u want, u can still do it like that or u can earn money to earn mvp cards and at the same time strengthening the market place.

theres already alot of ppl with too many rares because this is a small server with bbs and 2x drop rate, this will give everyone, even ppl without irl money to buy branches, a chance to get things that they want as long as they are productive players.

the reason im saying all of this is because there are alot of ppl with too many rare cards, its just too easy for someone to farm up bbs, and who wants to stay at a server where every other person has 3+ rare mvp cards, alot of ppl have RETARDED amounts of mvp cards and of corse those ppl will reject this idea because they want to keep being ahead of everyone els, this server has really turned into a troll fest because ppl with rare cards get together, make a guild, and troll the shit out of the game, so i ask you, if you went to a server THIS SMALL with guilds having 2-4 creators with 2 kiels + sprint set to spam everyone to death would u really wana stay?

other things still needs more balancing, we need to max attack speed at 195 and nerf gtb because lk are too strong with this attack speed, bowling bash is ridiculous and in a server with 195 attack speed u cant just spam the hell out of it,

lk has become the end all power house character unless u have a creator and even then they are a very close 2nd to creators, while mages are really not used as much, every caster, or should i say ex caster says they stopped because of gtb, and its very frustrating because i am a caster and im tired of being trolled by ppl with gtb and maya in pvp room.

maya needs a reduction in reflect, and its not balanced compared to melee reflect, when a caster hits a maya equiped LK with spells, my avrage build is about 70k hp for my ninja with decent vita, like 150-160 ish (its been a while) and ur fighting a lk with lk hp and over 50% reflect, even the 30% from maya alone is enouf for the lk to take ur hits and just kill u automaticaly.

i havent met a person yet that does not agree with me, lets say ur a mage and ur spaming area spells and hit 2 ppl with a maya each and other reflect items, u are one dead mage, melee fighters dont need to worry about aoe reflecting and being killed because they can generaly only target one thing at a time, so i say make maya about 10-15% reflect, then make gtb something like 40% resist magic, you could easily get your magic damage down to almost nothing with that and a few other cards and items but u wouldnt be COMPLETELY IMMUNE, and the other player can use cards like fbh / high wiz and not be completely screwed vs gtb.

well its late and i am tired, i typed alot more than i originally planned to but i think my point came across, i want to see this server become a place where u can work hard at grinding and get the cards and items you want in direct proportion to how much you work on it, i think that is more than fair, and i dont really care about more ppl having a few more rares because when you go to woe u fight so many already, like 10%+ of the community has ALOT of rares, it shouldn't be so that ppl without irl money, and no time to camp mvps have almost no chance to get anything in a server where so many have so much.

to quote makoto uragi "Nothing is rare in the world of Bloody Branches" so stop trying to perserve balance when there is no balance to speak of, just rich and poor is all i see.



u know there is something i didnt think about at first, because i came to this server and just bought angra and everything els i needed as far as donations went.

when a new person, under age, no credit card no cash or parents will not let them spend money in a game, ive met a few ppl with parents like that, the best way to catch up in gold, after getting someone to help u max probably, is go to the mvp rooms, and farm until you have enouf money for an angra, i think alot of us are taking our donates for granted when we are talking about getting rid of the mvp rooms.

i think it will be fine to have some of the mvp cards, the ones that are in mvp rooms already, not be so expensive, but we should do something to the spawn times, or the number of monsters in each room so that we cannot over farm the mvp rooms but it will be there for ppl who are A. trying to get a simi rare card or B. trying to earn some gold when you are new to the game and saving to get an angra, or even if u are just lazy and need to pop on and make a couple mill every now and then for basic bs like decarding and respecing, who wants to wait for someone to buy your vendors goods just to get a few hundred thousand gold to decard ur donate helm to trade it in?

if ppl are not selling anything to the npcs then we are not getting any new money into the game, so there needs to be a system for people to hunt things u can sell to npcs for decent cash, but not so much that it throws everything off, i have a couple of ideas for balancing this, we can cut the number of spawns in each room by a fraction, or we can just cut out the last 1-3 rooms in each set, this would get rid of the rooms that only powerful players can go, who are fully equipped with donates and just farming to get gold coins for more branches or in this hypothetical newly designed server, to spawn better mvp monsters.

the new mvp room should be designed for players to slowly, and with some hard work, get an angra, then the angra helps that player go into areas and farm items to make more money than you couldnt without having the angra.

there isn't anything that's going to get rid of all the excess cards from our mvp spawn rooms so we should just settle for having those (and maybe a few more ) mvp cards not worth much and having to work for the others, and with enough patience, (and nowhere near as much luck) we can get the cards that we want by hitting the natural spawn whenever you can and then go farm, go make items, go sell your extra cards, then hit the mvp spawning npc, that way your getting people to work for the server by filling the markets with goods.

imagine having a character starting on a server like this, and after a few years you can say, look i have 3 kiel, or whatever, the longer your here and the more you work, the more powerful you become, it would make some people rise to legendary status, like this guy, "Mr X","hes been here for 10 years! hes an lk with tao thana gtb and amon ra, i seen em kill FITY MEN!"
instead of "this guy showed up 2 months ago and started buying branches, dude he got a thana, a gtb, an amon ra after breaking like 300 branches!" (because we all know that shit happens) and think about how you select your mvp spawns, do u start out getting a lot of smaller ones or do u go for something big, this will let you choose how you progress.

we should not worry about the server becoming imbalanced based on having more cards available because most of the time cards tend to balance themselves out, i have not found anything that's completely unbreakable,(even gtb) but when u have people with insane combinations of cards because they farmed bbs so much and your stuck with nothing because you have no irl money and no time to sit around and watch a clock so u can get the chance to fight some other jerk for a spawn on lets say kiel and then if they don't get it first u have a 1 in 1000 chance to get it, and even if u get that one kiel, your NEVER going to get more than 1 that way, its unrealistic, you will NEVER catch up to the people abusing the hell out of branches.

i think that a lot of people are worried that it will be too easy to make money and spawn the mvps, this can be completely controlled by the price of the spawns.

the spawns need to be priced somewhat related to the price of coins because coins and bbs are the other alternative to spawning mvp cards. I believe that's something to be decided by a gm or maybe someone more mathematically inclined than myself. i think the first place to start is what percent of each monster spawns from a bloody branch and going from there.

so if this works the way im seeing it, we can chop off the last 2 or 3 floors from each mvp room so that players are cut off from over farming those rooms for the gold to spawn rare mvp cards but not so much that your cutting lower level players an easily accessible means to earn angra or just some extra cash, ok im too tired to think anymore, im calling it quits for now, i literally cannot think but i think i explained everything pretty well -_-
Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
GlitchyVirus



Joined: 20 Jun 2008
Posts: 637

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Katsu, I read the first 3 paragraphs of your first post. But then I ate some oranges and it was k.

TL;DR version, or everything you said is false.

Edit: Do I count as a troll? :O!
_________________
SUPRISE BUTTSEX. PREPARE!

Jasmine's drawing of me! <3

Monochrome wrote:
You brilliant, genius, limp-wristed sissy: I love you.
Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
NightShade



Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 481

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

GlitchyVirus wrote:
Katsu, I read the first 3 paragraphs of your first post. But then I ate some oranges and it was k.

TL;DR version, or everything you said is false.

Edit: Do I count as a troll? :O!


Maybe you do Adam, maybe you do.. However, if you're counted as a troll. Then I must be counted as an Ogre of some sort. Hah!
_________________



SOS OG - Retired 3/16/10
Chars:
X t C / Vamp / NightShade / Dark Pulse / Absolute / Whiskey / Nightz / I'm done listing =.=
Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Kankuro



Joined: 07 May 2011
Posts: 38

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the vote closed? Can someone sum up what this is about, I'm lazy.
_________________
iNiko-Champ
RooR-STALKA
Kankuro-sinx
U4EA-LK
TheScholarShaman-Prof
Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:40 am
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
AbaraiGirl



Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 1288
Location: Hueco Mundo, Ohio

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

Kankuro wrote:
Is the vote closed? Can someone sum up what this is about, I'm lazy.


jay/bubz and others wanted an MVP room with almost every mvp available for killing. there'd be a time limit on how long before you could go in and i think they wanted t to cost zeny.

as the poll says...the vote ended 50/50 and this thread died...until like last month when Jay popped up and suddenly bumped it. and here we are...

this thread should probably be locked since the poll is closed, though..
_________________
RIP Xander -April 9th, 2010- Love you and miss you daily.

- Nuriko - Cirucci - Misaki Saiki - Boa Vista - Chyna Whyte - Chibi Nuriko - Polyhymnia -
Some people are like clouds. Once they fk off it's a beautiful day.
Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:02 am
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
NightShade



Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 481

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

AbaraiGirl wrote:
Kankuro wrote:
Is the vote closed? Can someone sum up what this is about, I'm lazy.


jay/bubz and others wanted an MVP room with almost every mvp available for killing. there'd be a time limit on how long before you could go in and i think they wanted t to cost zeny.

as the poll says...the vote ended 50/50 and this thread died...until like last month when Jay popped up and suddenly bumped it. and here we are...

this thread should probably be locked since the poll is closed, though..


Shhhh! You're slowly killing the only reason why I am back on the forums! Sheesh!
_________________



SOS OG - Retired 3/16/10
Chars:
X t C / Vamp / NightShade / Dark Pulse / Absolute / Whiskey / Nightz / I'm done listing =.=
Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:29 am
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Kankuro



Joined: 07 May 2011
Posts: 38

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea

Ps
SOS should come back
_________________
iNiko-Champ
RooR-STALKA
Kankuro-sinx
U4EA-LK
TheScholarShaman-Prof
Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:34 am
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Venser



Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 186

Post  Post subject: Reply with quote

AbaraiGirl wrote:
this thread should probably be locked since the poll is closed, though..

Great idea!
_________________
Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:54 am
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Reign Online Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum